|Season(s)|| 1, 5-8 (Light and Dark)|
Miniseries (Light and Dark: Olympus)
|Title/Alias|| Chuck Shurley|
The Big Guy
The Big Daddy
The Man Upstairs
Dad (by Angels, generally the Archangels)
Father/Heavenly Father (by all angels and devout people)
The Light (by humans and the Darkness)
Guardian of Light
|Occupation|| Creator of nearly everything|
Writer and Prophet (as Chuck)
Ruler of Heaven (formerly)
|Family|| Cosmic (creator)|
Dark God (dark half; merged with him)
The Darkness (twin brother)
Twilight (younger sister)
Father Time (younger brother)
Life (younger brother)
Death (younger sibling)
The Beast (younger brother)
Kronos (younger brother)
Fenris (younger brother)
Oberon (younger brother)
Leviathans (first beasts)
Santa Claus (creation)
Humans (greatest creations)
|Portrayed by:|| Rob Benedict|
Dylan O'Brien (young)
God, known to Sam and Dean Winchester as Chuck Shurley, is a supremely powerful and ancient primordial being who created the entire universe, and nearly everything it contains. He is arguably the most powerful entity in existence, with Death was the only being that rivals his power. He is the Guardian of Light.
Light and Dark
Powers and Abilities
- God Powers - As God himself, He is an immeasurably powerful being and creator of nearly everything residing in the universe.
- Mandatory Existence - God like other primordial entities can be killed by each other. However like God if other primordial entities are destroyed everything ends.
Even though God is one of the most powerful supernatural beings in the Universe, even he has weaknesses of his own.
Harming and Trapping
- Connection to Dark God: God was physically connected to Dark God who was his dark half, and any harm one got, the other would feel it. If one died, so would the other.
- The Darkness - Being his twin brother and equal to him in power, Alex is able to defeat God. He describes himself as being mightier than him, and God admits he and his archangels "barely" managed to lock him away. God believes that, were he to surrender to him, he would trap him, rather than kill him, and Lucifer has stated that Alex may very well defeat him.
- Primordial Entities - They can even kill him.
- Mandatory Existence Compromised - If the Darkness were to be killed, the imbalance would also result in the death of God due to the destruction of reality itself.